West Bradford is a private members club originally founded by a group of Bradford wool merchants in 1900 as a 9 hole course. The course was extended to 18 holes some seven years later.
With a par of 69 and a standard scratch of 68 for men, West Bradford provides a good test over 18 holes for golfers of all abilities. The terrain is undulating although not physically too demanding but the golfer has to contend with the “out of bounds” on the perimeter of the course, the trees now lining many of the fairways and the prevailing westerly breezes.
In addition to the course, practice facilities include a putting green and short game area. There is also a fully stocked pro shop.
West Bradford Golf Club is situated some 3 miles northwest of Bradford city centre off the B6144 Haworth Road.